LAWRENCE HOPEWELL TRAIL CORPORATION
The Administrative and Media coordinator is a key member of the LHT team, focusing on general administrative and communications functions. The coordinator is technologically savvy and capable of improving processes, documents and efficiencies to better achieve desired goals. Working with staff, LHT trustees and LHT committee members, the coordinator utilizes available technology and databases to handle communications, social and traditional media, meeting scheduling, event planning, and other administrative duties necessary for project success. The coordinator reports to the Program Manager (PM).
Key Functions / Responsibilities
- Social Media
- In partnership with Program Manager (PM) and Board, coordinate weekly social media posts and images, informed by upcoming events and news.
- Draft content materials as needed for review by PM, committees, or board members.
- Schedule social media posts.
- Monitor and respond to social media channels and comments.
- Traditional Media
- Keep media and PR contact list up to date.
- As requested, draft media advisories and releases, working with Communications Team and event sponsors.
- Post releases and advisories and distribute same as requested.
- Maintain a file of press articles and mentions and social media posts.
- Design and update various graphic projects as needed.
- Assist with other writing assignments, drafting copy as requested, photos, updating pages, and refreshing homepage.
- Schedule planning meetings as determined by Committee for upcoming events.
- Maintain and update planning notes and ongoing task list related to event.
- Assist with event details as assigned.
- Manage LHT calendar including events and meetings.
- Poll and schedule meetings with relevant attendees.
- Upload art and photography submissions to Flickr.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills Required / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field preferred, or equivalent experience and education.
- Strong writing skills in both journalistic and social media styles.
- Computer skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe.
- Social media proficiency, Facebook and Instagram.
- Experience with website design and editing (i.e., WordPress).
- Proficiency with various scheduling and event applications (i.e. Eventbrite, Sign Up Genius, Doodle), or similar.
- Graphic design and video editing experience.
- Mastery of Associated Press style.
- Time management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Salary: $25-30, hourly
Hours: Part-time position, up to 15 hours per week, flexible.
Candidates should live within a reasonable distance to the Lawrence Hopewell Trail as they are expected to become familiar with the trail, and attend various events, meetings, etc.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include ‘LHT Media Coordinator’ in the subject line.