GIVE JOYRIDING A NEW MEANING BY USING THE LHT TO BIKE TO WORK ON MAY 16
GIVE JOYRIDING A NEW MEANING BY USING THE LHT
TO BIKE TO WORK ON MAY 16
May 16, 2014 is National Bike to Work Day. The Lawrence Hopewell Trail LHT) invites cyclists to use the trail to commute to work. Imagine taking a scenic route to work through captivating vistas that make it impossible for you to ignore the beauty of our community. What a way to begin and end your day! Enjoy your commute! Ride the LHT and give joyriding a new meaning!
If you work on or near Lawrenceville Main Street (Route 206), at the Lawrenceville School, Educational Testing Service, the BMS Lawrenceville Campus, the BMS Hopewell Campus, the Stony Brook Millstone Watershed, Pennington Borough, and many points in between, the LHT provides the perfect way to bike to work.
The Lawrence Hopewell Trail is a 22+ mile, multipurpose recreational trail and transportation corridor that crosses public and private lands in Lawrence and Hopewell Townships. See the map on the LHT website: www.lhtrail.org.
The trail supports an active, livable, and sustainable community with opportunities for alternative forms of transportation to reduce reliance on automobiles, as well as promotes health and fitness, recreation, and outdoor education. About eighty percent of the 22 miles of the trail is now available for public use. Specifically, the Trail:
- Is a safe alternative to travel by automobile and contributes to the reduction of accidents involving motor vehicles with pedestrians and cyclists.
- Provides safe, mostly off road, access to the environmental, business, nonprofit and academic institutions that make up our community.
- Connects the communities of Lawrence and Hopewell to each other and with major transportation corridors.
- Is family-friendly and handicapped accessible, wherever possible. It is a great trail for both experienced and inexperienced riders.
- Encourages healthy lifestyles, including exercise and physical fitness for seniors, adults, and children.
If you decide to bike to work, please send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know your points of origin and destination and the route you took.
Not up to biking to work tomorrow? Give it a try on another day or prepare for the ride to work by using your bike to run your errands.
A NOTE ABOUT THE TRAIL
The Lawrence Hopewell Trail is a community amenity made possible by community members working with governmental agencies and forwarding thinking corporations and nonprofit agencies. The Trail has been made possible through the support of Bristol-Myers Squibb, Educational Testing Service, Mercer County, the Mercer County Park Commission, Lawrence and Hopewell Townships, the NJ Department of Transportation, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission, the Stony Brook Millstone Watershed, Delaware Raritan Greenway Land Trust, the Lawrenceville School, Prism Partners, and individual donors.