Deer Hunting in Mercer Meadows Park – 2 Sections, TRAIL IS OPEN!
Again this year the county will permit bow hunting for deer in Mercer Meadows Park as a way to control the number of deer in the park and the damage they do to vegetation. Dates are January 1 – February 15, 2014. No hunting on Sundays.
The regulations are below. The trail is open.
Links to the maps where hunting is permitted are below and posted on the Mercer County Park’s Commission web site.
Map for Pole Farm Section Hunting zone
Map for Rosedale Section Hunting Zone
Mercer Meadow Season
1. Hunting at Mercer Meadows is authorized only during the days and only in the areas designated by the Mercer County
Park Commission. The MMDM Program is scheduled for each day of the Winter Bow Season, as designated by the state.
The dates for this year’s Winter Bow Season are January 1 – February 15, 2014, Monday through Saturday. There is no
hunting on Sunday.
2. Hunting will only take place during a morning session and evening session. In the morning session, hunting hours begin
at legal hunting hours and must cease at 9:00 a.m. Hunters are allowed to track deer after this time, but are not
allowed to shoot any deer until the evening session. Evening hunting hours begin at 2:30 p.m.; at this time hunters may
enter the park and walk to their treestand. Hunting may begin at 3:00 p.m. and continue until legal hunting hours.
3. A hunter shall not be in the preserve more than 60 minutes prior to legal hunting hours and more than 60 minutes
after legal hunting hours. This will be strictly enforced by Park Rangers. If a hunter must remain in the preserve
beyond this time to track wounded deer or find a missing hunter, the County Naturalist (Jenn Rogers) or Deputy Director
of Park Rangers (Dave Buxton) needs to be contacted immediately by cell phone.
4. The Pole Farm section of Mercer Meadows and the wooded area between the Hunt House and Rosedale Lake are open
for hunting this season. Please refer to current maps for specific boundaries.
5. Mercer Meadows will remain open to the public during the MMDM program.