‘What’s new on LHT’
Mercer Meadows – lots of improvement projects all happening this fall and winter, weather permitting of course.
- Trails are cleared and mowed through most of the Phase 3 areas. Construction should begin this month.
- Half of the Twin Pines connector is complete
- Area around the dam on Rosedale will likely be the last section done as it is difficult for larger equipment to get in.
- The two barns, at Hunt House and Keefe road, contracts awarded for rehabbing those buildings.
- Directional and interpretive signage installation is underway., Benches, bike racks, solar-powered lavatories and other amenities to follow.
- New, innovative, “barrier-free” playground to be installed at Rosedale, equipment has already been delivered
- Dog Park at Rosedale to follow after playground.
- Companion Maidenhead trail construction underway